Sentiment free cards


For today I am showing a sentiment free card I recently made. This is the card its simple but effective I think.

To start I selected a background paper I thought would suit my colours used for the topper. To create the topper I cut down some white cardstock and covered it with blue pebeo, acrylic paint. I dried it with my heat gun, then covered with PVA glue. Next I dried the layer of glue completely before covering the page with white pebeo paint. Once all the white paint is dry I took a piece of fine grit sandpaper and sanded the edges. This caused the blue paint to peep out around the edges of the page, I think it gave lovely rustic appearance. Using my memento black ink I stamped one of my favourite stampendous stamps. When the ink is dry I sanded over the stamped image making it lighter in colour with distressed edges on the stamp.
When I was happy I stuck this topper onto the patterned paper, I chose not to use a sentiment as I think sometimes the topper is enough in itself.
Thank you for spending some of your day with me !
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow.
Ellie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17