Playing around making backgrounds..




Hello !!
Today I spent the afternoon having a mess around with a few products and made a couple of backgrounds. For the first background I used three of my cosmic shimmer paints, I put a small blob of each and used the brayer making the colours blend.


The shimmer in these paints is gorgeous!!

Using the brayer I applied the paint across the page, I don't want perfect coverage as I wanted some interest in the background. Its not visible in the photo but shimmer is so beautiful. Then I used my Tim holtz scissors and fussy cut some flower and butterfly images. I adhered these with my collall glue, its super strong.



For my second background I used a stamp set by Clarity and used one leaf stamp. I stamped this single stamp image using Memento dewdrop ink pads in pink and purple. On some of the leaf impressions I used both ink pads at the same time to create a different effect. I stamped the leaf all over my card panel and I really like the finished result, its pastel and will make a beautiful backing paper.






This final image shows what I made from a scrap piece I used to mop up colour. I die cut the scrap using an unknown die from my stash, it has an ombre effect and I backed it onto some pastel green paper.
Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow!
Ellie x






Comments

  1. Hi Ellie
    Love thebackground made with the leaf stamp, can you say which stapmit is? I always mop up my blending mat with a good quality(I use Plenty) and when I think the piece has enough colour, I let it dry, then seperate the piece into two aand using Pritt Glue stick attach it to a white card. I got the idea from a Frenchiestamp video

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great way to use mop up, I do the same! I believe the stamp set is called Poppy meadow or poppy field.
    I would love to see some of you mop up sheets, if you don't mind! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17