Playing with oxides.



Hello hello!

Here we are again, today's offering is very different from  yesterday. I made this journal page with nothing in mind, I just went with it .

To start I used 2 distress oxide colours on my cardstock. I smear them one by one onto my glass Mat and spray with water. Then I take my page to the wet ink. This makes a more splattered effect and the distress oxide layers so well. I dried my page after each layer of colour.





 Remember to dry inbetween to avoid making mud on your page.
 Keep adding layers until you are happy with the saturation of colour.
 Next I found some alphabet stickers and made the word 'deep'. I covered this word using the distress oxides in the orange and blue again, this ensures everything ties in together. I used some of my beautiful 'Visible image stamps. I stamped the seaweed with versafine black ink and covered it with chocolate coloured 'wow 'embossing powder. The 'beauty' is also part of  sentiment from the 'visible image 'set. I splattered some white gesso across the background and moved onto stamping the small fish in black versa fine. I heat dried these as I didn't want embossing powder to transfer onto those while I cover the main jellyfish image in the same 'wow ' embossing powder. This brown is beautiful and rich, it's new to me as I only recently ordered some different colours. This is a new favourite now!
Find the stamp set here and the embossing powders here.

To finish up I use the white gesso and a thick piece of card and drag it round the edges. I wanted a rustic style border.

Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow!
Ellie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17