JJJAMA Explore your creativity 1



Afternoon!

Yay I have made my first ever entry for Junk Journals Junkies And Mindful Art, this group can be found on Facebook. The Explore your creativity prompts were as follows, use a stencil, using embossing paste and use the colour blue. This is how I created my journal page using these 3 prompts.

First of all I chose the stencil I wanted as my focal point, this fairy stencil was gifted to me by a lovely friend. Next I had a rummage around for some vintage styled tissue paper.

I ripped small areas of the tissue and applied it to my blue cardstock with matt mod podge.







Once this has been gently dried with a heat tool I can then move on to adding some blue ink.





These tissue papers always add some lovely background texture and detail.








I applied Distress ink with an ink duster brush. I used Broken china distress ink for this. I added more ink in some areas than others to give some depth to the tissue paper pieces. Again I dried this with a heat tool so I didn't smear it all with my fingers.




For the next step I wanted to do some stamping, I used my black Memento ink pad and a stamp from 'Stamps by Chloe'. This is a beautiful background stamp that I have linked
here. I only stamped small areas onto my page, this was to add some additional texture to the background. Then I used my amazing 'super thick slap it on' by Indigoblu. I added some cosmic shimmer pixie powders in 'midnight blue' to the super thick slap it on. I applied this to my fairy stencil using a palette knife. The shimmer in these pixie powders is incredible.










To add a finishing touch, which of course has to be more sparkle, I picked some glitter. I used my Cosmic shimmer glitter and flake glue along the right side and bottom edge of my piece. Then sprinkled my glitter into it and tapped off the excess. Once the glue is dry it will be clear, which shows the glitter off perfectly.


Below is a picture of all the products I have used for this challenge.
Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow!
Ellie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17