Mop up pages and left overs



Hello ! I hope you are all having a good Friday.

I am very pleased to say the advent drawers are finished, the numbers are on and I am very happy with them. I started to decorate inside the little display section today. I used white gesso with a little water and flicked it on using a paint brush. I am now waiting on my mdf arrivals to make the scene with.

 


Those of you that saw Wednesdays blog, I made two texture paste toppers, while doing this I had some left over paste so instead of wasting it, I spread it onto a scrap of card using a stencil. Looking at this mop up sheet today I decided on attempting to turn it into a card using autumn colours. So I cut it down to a topper size so the edges look tidy. 








I have included a close up of the mop up sheet as the shimmer is gorgeous!
So to get started I had a rummage through my dies and selected a couple. All of which are tonic. The deco edges square in the centre and the small sentiment is from Tonic Verso essentials 'A note to say'. The 'hello' is from Tonic verso essential 'Hello' die set.

In my stash I used some gold cardstock I had from Anna Marie Designs website and also the autumnal coloured papers are from Craft sensation. The picture of the mini paper pad is posted below.










On the left is all the die cut pieces, as you may notice, I have die cut the 'Hello' twice, this is so I can stick them on top of each other and offset it slightly. This will give a shadow effect behind the sentiment. I love the main square panel as the colours are so warm and rich.
Next I started attaching them all to my topper panel, the square I adhered with double sided tape into the centre. The little ticket shaped sentiment I adhered with foam squares. The hello only needed a small amount of Cosmic Shimmer glue as the word is very narrow.


To add finishing touches to my card topper a strip of brown Santoro lace ribbon was attached to the bottom and a orange brad.






To ensure my card base co ordinated with the topper, I grabbed 'fall fiesta' artistry ink and an ink duster. Using a circular motion I applied the ink lightly to the white card base. Once happy with this I used double sided tape to stick the topper to the card base.



Lastly some orange Nuvo drops on the topper finish up todays card.
Thank you so much for spending some of your day with me please drop a comment below.

Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow

Ellie x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17