A mop up sheet tag




Hi friends,

Today I wanted to share with you a tag I made using a mop up sheet. This is a large tag because I wanted to use lots of the background, I thought it was really pretty. The three distress oxide colours used were faded jeans, broken china and peeled paint. I created this background using the oxides, water and a piece of polly pocket.

The technique to create the background is easy to recreate. First you smear one of the ink pads onto a glass mat, then spray the ink with water. then dab your piece of polly pocket into the ink and then you can be more precise with your ink smooshing. Keep building up the layers by drying in between colours and layers of ink. You press the un-inked side of the plastic to the areas you want the ink, you can make some lovely effects that could be difficult to create if you cannot see what goes where.
I saw this technique on Kristina Werners youtube channel, it can be accessed here.  Definitely worth a watch, she is very inspirational.






On the bottom of my background I used Matt mod podge (yes I love it) to apply some tissue paper that has script all over it. This again was some left over bits of a project I was making.



Then I trimmed it down to make a tag shape, I found some patterned paper by 'First edition' that matched my colour scheme. I tore some pieces of it that I could lay my sentiment on top of. The sentiment is by visible image, you can get to their website by clicking here. They have fantastic stamps and such lovely sentiment sets.

I stamped my sentiments using 'Versafine onyx black ink' I cut the sentiment apart and cut the paper down to size, leaving an angle cut at the end of the words for detail. These were both layered onto the pattern paper and glued down to the tag using cosmic shimmer acrylic glue.

To finish up I got some of my cream raffia and wrapped it round the base of the tag a few times, adhering it in place using the cosmic shimmer glue again. I found a small bow that matched the colours and stuck this over where the end of the raffia is placed. Using my crop - o - dile, I punched a hole at the top of my tag and used some cream ribbon and some more cream raffia as the string.

I am really enjoying large tags as they could be used as small cards, tags are always a less daunting way to craft if you are new to papercraft, or if you are struggling with your mojo. We have all been there and will be again at some point so we shouldn't makes things to hard for ourselves.


Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow.
Ellie x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17