Getting painty by the fire



Hello! I hope you all have had a lovely Monday, cold but dry here today which makes a fab Autumnal day.

Doing something a bit different this evening, I have some very pretty shaped empty cider bottles. As a present for some amazing friends, I have decided to paint them and decorate, then fill with fairy lights.

So to start with, I sat on the floor by the fire with a cuppa, next got some newspaper on the rug and got my paints out. The paints I used are Pebeo Acrylic DYNA paints. These dry perfectly on glass, I painted with a green along the bottom of the bottles.




This was to give a magical coloured grass as they will be decorated with fairies later, next I used a gorgeous shimmery pink from the grass line upwards. I applied all the paint with natural sponges, I have done one coat so far and plan to do a second coat tomorrow.


I shall give you all an update on the bottles tomorrow and let you see how they are coming along. Talking of updates, those of you following my advent calendar, I am still waiting on my reindeers for the display section. I shall blog once they have arrived in the post.

Thank you for spending some of your day with me.
crafty hugs and see you tomorrow!

Ellie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17