Penguin gift tags



Good Evening ( I think it's a bit late in the night to still say that).

So today has been utterly chaotic which is why today's blog is up so late. Today I also agreed to take part in a craft fair to raise money for The Hospice, so I have lots of making to do before the fair date rolls around.

So to kick start it all, I have made a batch of penguin Christmas gift tags. To begin I stamped one of the penguin stamps from the stamp set by Mama Elephant. It's adorable! I used memento black ink for this. I then used a post it note to create a mask for the lower half of the penguin. I applied the mask to each penguin one by one and stamped the ice piece over the mask. This gives the effect the penguin is in the front.

 Next I used the Tonic tag die set pictured below and die cut the penguins using the ribbon threaded style die from the set. I love this die, something very different. Next I used my Gelly roll sparkle pen to colour in the ice skates. My die cutting machine I used for this was my sizzix Big shot machine. I love it!

Now I used two other dies from the same Tonic set and cut the blue backing out of Jelly Bean Crafts pearlescent cardstock. Then using the same Kraft cardstock I cut the smaller rectangle and this is for the writing on the back of the tag. I then stuck the front and back to the tag using double sided tape. All that I then need to do, is to punch a hole and choose a ribbon or twine. This will be done tomorrow when I can concentrate enough to do this correctly hehe.


Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow 
Ellie x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17