Mission Inspiration November 2017.




Well hello there!

For this step by step I have been using the art journal prompts from the Mission Inspiration Facebook page, they are also on YouTube if you need a few more ideas where to start, Hop over and have a look, its great fun!

I will go through each prompt and explain what I have done for the prompt, if you would like to see the original prompts without my step by step swing by their Facebook page.

1. I got a piece of craft cardstock, then ripped pieces of newspaper text and applied them across my page using matt mod podge( I LOVE MATT MOD PODGE) !



2. Next I used my Picked Raspberry distress ink, I smeared it onto my glass mat and added water to it. I then brushed the ink all over my page.






I then dried this with a heat tool before starting with my Cosmic shimmer paint.





2. I used my cosmic shimmer paint down the left side and bottom of my page, I didn't apply it carefully as I wanted brush strokes for texture.
I again dried with a heat tool.




3. Once completely dry I used my Cosmic shimmer chalk cloud ink, I used the vanilla colour. I applied this to my page with my fingers, I dab my finger into the ink pot and touch it to my page making a dragging motion. Dry again.




4. Now I used some super thick slap it on ( which I am in love with lately) with some cosmic shimmer pixie powders. I mixed the pixies into a small amount on my glass matt. Then using a palette knife, spread it through a stencil in random areas across the page.




5. Time to add a focal image, I recently coloured this in one of my colouring books and cut him out. I thought he would really pop against my journal page. I applied him with pritt stick.





6. To add my splatter I grabbed my 'Silver dream' pixie powder which I mixed into some water. I then used a paintbrush to flick this onto my whole page. Dry again.





This is where we are up to...




7. Time to add some borders, I used white gesso with my palette knife and scraped it round the edges. As you can see this was far from tidy but I really enjoy the look it gives.





8. The last step was when I added some pink sparkle pen round the edges, I added this over my white gesso once it was dry.



This completes my Mission Inspiration piece for November 2017.
Thank you for spending some of your day with me!
Crafty hugs and see you tomorrow!
Ellie  x

Comments

  1. Ellie, I love your challenge page! The colors are gorgeous and I love your textures! That koi fish is awesome! I'm a big fan of those guys! Love it all! Thanks for stopping in on my blog! Many blessings, Felicia #26

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17