WOYWW



Hello Everyone! Today I have spent the morning sanding drawers for my advent calendar. Lots of dust and sandpaper. See more desks at the stamping ground, click here.
Sharing my work desk for the first time today, a lovely friend, Sarah (www.sarahscraftshed.co.uk) told me about it and I was very excited to take part. If anyone else would like to join in head over to the link I posted above and get involved every Wednesday.



On yesterday's blog I posted a photo of a background I had created using distress inks, I decided to make something using this colourful piece today. To start I cut the watercolour card in half so I could create two toppers or mixed media pieces. Firstly I used my 'Phill Martin Sentimentally yours' background stamp called 'Splatterlicious cracked & splattered background'. I love this stamp, I never use it on a block or using a stamp platform. I find I get wonderful effects just holding it and pressing certain areas into the ink, then pressing parts of the stamp to my project. I wouldn't say its a neat or tidy look but gives a lot of interest to the art work.

With this stamp I used wilted violet and faded jeans distress oxide inks. They work well with the colours I initially used on the background. Next I decided to get mucky, I pulled out my 'super thick slap it on' by indigo blu. before applying that through my two stencils I added Indigo Blu 'luscious pigment powders' in the colours rose bronze and raspberry. This will give a beautiful shine and texture once the paste is dry.

The rose stencil I used on the left page is called 'big roses by Dutch Doobadoo' and the right hand one is by imagination crafts but unfortunately I do not have the name of that particular stencil.

Once the paste is applied and the stencils removed and cleaned, I moved onto the sentiments, so then the projects have time to dry.
I found a lovely little sentiment in my stash by 'Bee Crafty' and felt it would be nice to use the same one on both pieces. Although the two pieces I made started with the same background, I want to show you how different they can look even when similar products are used.

So the sentiment I stamped twice onto some paper I found in my offcuts box, I used black archival ink for both. Next matted both onto some plain cardstock I felt matched the stencil paste well. I then attached them use 'stick it' foam squares. A little bit of dimension can add a lot to any artwork.


To add some more texture I popped some ribbon onto the right of the darker page as the colours co-ordinated perfectly.
I felt something was missing from each page, there was lots of open space and I needed that full stop to finish them up. I picked out some plain paper flowers I was gifted by a lovely crafty friend and painted onto them using the same Pigment powders I added to the 'super thick slap it on'. Considering only water is added to the powders for this technique it has such a beautiful finish once dried.









I layered the flowers on top of one another once they were dry, then added a small gem that worked with my colour scheme.




I really liked using the gems so decided to add some to the page randomly after I glued down the 2 flowers. I use cosmic shimmer glue for this project.









To the left is the first piece finished off and I love the shimmer and sparkle. I am sure some of you are like me and love anything shiny or glittery.




Onto finishing up the second page, I again made some flowers and coloured them using mica powder, this time I used 'Phill Martin's mica powder called decadent wine'.

This mica powder has a stunning rich colour, if you don't have it, you need it, trust me !

For these flowers I used pearls from 'Ultimate crafts' , putting three in the centre to add some detail. Again I arranged several across the second piece in a scattered fashion.


There we go, that finished the second half of the project. I always find it fantastic how using mainly the same products on two things can result in something so different.





If you enjoyed todays projects please let me know, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to spend with me, I will see you tomorrow!

Crafty hugs!

Ellie



Comments

  1. Hi Ellie and welcome. So glad you've decided to join in. I love your backgrounds. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! So glad to meet you, WOYWW is a fantastic forum, everyone is so friendly. It was brilliant to meet Sarah in real life recently after getting to know her online 😊 I really enjoyed seeing the stages develop on the tag, it's really beautiful!
    Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it is lovely to meet you too! xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow Ellie, I LOVE your page! Lots of color texture goodness! Really yummy! I can't wait to see the finished advent calendar! It looks like its going to be a gorgeous wood piece! Super excited! Many blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very kind of you, I will be sure to post the photos of the advent once its completed, not too much left to do to it. Have a fab week xxx

      Delete
  4. Welcome to WOYWW! Lovely to see your desk and goodies that you're working on. The advent calendar is shaping up to be a beauty of your textured sheet and embellies are anything to go by! have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and also....what's a poppleberry in Ellie world then?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Julia! Everyone is so lovely and welcoming. A poppleberry is a silly name we call my jack Russell and she is always covered in glitter from my craft room. Shes a sweetie hehe xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Ellie and welcome. Love the textured sheet, absolutely gorgeous. Anne x #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellie, pleased to meet you and welcome to our happy band. Gorgeous project, love the colours and all that texture too. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Ellie! I love how you showed us 2 different ways that you tackled your project - so cool! The advent calendar looks intriguing! I'm sure you will share it with us when you are finished! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes as soon as I get my bottom in gear and finish it I shall share on here xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Ellie. Welcome to WOYWW. Two lovely finished pieces - well done. Enjoy making up the advent calendar!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to WOYWW, hope you continue to join us. You will soon make lots of friends on here.
    This is a super post with lots of lovely eye candy for us all to enjoy and a step by step description too. Thanks for sharing.
    See you next week?
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier
    Neet xx 12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Neet! Thank you! Yes I will take part next week all being well. Sorry I have been visiting people today instead of yesterday, I am still getting into the swing of this hehe xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Ellie, lovely to meet you! I love your background project. Nice post! Thanks for stopping by earlier. My northern lights picture was made by using ink Dusters and black card. I had bought a craft set from Inkylicious and found a you tube video on northern lights. I tried to copy it, got it wrong, then used a baby wipe to rub bits out, which then left a nice shimmering image! Happy mistake lol. Have a lovely week Heather #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wow that sounds like a lovely technique. Thank you for letting me know. Xxx

      Delete
  12. Hi Ellie, Lovely to have a newbie.

    WOW! Your project is beautiful. Lovely to see it in stages.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW.
    Sue #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! Sorry I have been so slow getting round to everyone xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Ellie, lovely to meet you. I am loving your beautiful work and it's so interesting seeing how you built up your textures. I don't have any mica powders but just the name 'decadent wine' makes me want to go and buy it!!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank you Diane. Ohh you do need it hehe. Xx

      Delete
  14. The layers of texture on your card are just gorgeous Ellie :) Welcome here! and thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #29

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Stacy! Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab makes. Love the idea of making an advent but am never organised enough to do so. Take care Zo xx 26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!It has been tedious at times hehe x
      Ellie x

      Delete
  17. A warm welcome to WOYWW, Ellie. Warning - you will find it addictive! I love your beautiful pages with their different treatments but which so complement each other - fabulous colour too. The little drawers for the Advent calendar look most intriguing and I look forward to seeing how this project turns out. Thank you for your visit and your nice comment - I got the cat tree on Ebay and was amazed at the size of it, that came out of a relatively small box - brilliantly packed! The kittens adore it and seem to spend most of their time on it these days.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I bet they do love clambering all over it hehe. The main body of my advent calendar was in today's blog if you are interested. Thank you for your kind comments xx

      Delete
  18. Hi Ellie and welcome to WOYWW, it can get addictive I have to warn you! Loving your pink pages they are adorable, can't wait to see the advent drawers all finished. PS I noticed you replying directly to the comments above but to be quite honest I doubt I will see any reply as I wouldn't know you'd made one iyswim. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ellie! It's always lovely to see new faces on WOYWW! Loving your projects - I was thinking of getting an advent calendar like that as well. I still have a couple of weeks to decide! Those backgrounds look gorgeous to start with and the finished projects even more striking. Thanks so much for visiting on Wednesday and I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you. Hope to see you again next week xx zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #22

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, oh dont worry, .no rush at all. They arw gorgeous advents but do take a while hehe. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Yes I will see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and pretty backgrounds. the drawers really are looking intriguing. So happy to have you join WOYWW. It is a very special and interesting group . Thanks for visiting, just catching up and now cat is behind laptop and letting me know she needs attention!
    Monica #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aww bless her! Thank you Monica xxx

      Delete
  22. Welcome to the group, Ellie. Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. I hope you'll pop back tomorrow for the autumn hanger. It's done! As for your project, I LOVE the color tones you used... definitely sparkle is a must. Look forward to more visits with you.
    Creative Dreams! Kelly #27

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks beautiful Ellie and yeah I loved seeing your creative process for the card! Happy WOYWW! xox Cheetarah #28

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome to WOYWW! Your mixed media projects are gorgeous!! Love the colors, shimmer, and all! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
    Carol N #23

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ellie, sorry to be so late visiting but hope you're having a fabulous creative weekend :o) I love the gorgeous colours and textures in those cards you've created - beautiful! Annie C #20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW Thank you Annie!! Xxx see you next WOYWW xx

      Delete
  26. Welcome to the WOYWW gang-loving the idea of the advent calendar so will pop back to see how it develops
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I'm still waiting on the wooden scene pieces to arrive :/ xxx

      Delete
  27. Welcome to WOYWW, lots of fun here, thanks for your visit earlier.
    Love the colours on your masterboard, super pages.
    Enjoy
    Christine #33

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Ellie, and a warm welcome to WOYWW. Your backgrounds are stunning, and fabulous end results too! Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for your kind words. We are just hoping for better things in 2018 - everything coming at once has been very hard to deal with.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Ellie, don't know why but I can't open the Wednesday post. It doesn't seem to want to play nicely with me but don't know why. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and a very Happy and creative New Year, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful I love the combination of colors Nice! :) also thank you for visiting me on my blog I just finished the little mini book in case you want to see it complete :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW - 8.11.17