Happy Monday Friends! - Halloween series #1

 

Good Morning lovely friends!

I hope you all have a fantastic start to the week, I have a week off which i plan to thoroughly enjoy and do lots of crafting!

Today I wanted to talk Halloween and share some crafty Halloween bits I have been doing. I have always enjoyed All Hallows Eve, the history of it and the magical feel that night has. Now I get to enjoy it further my creating spooky makes that are great fun!

Yesterday I began the tedious but necessary task of clearing up my craft desk. Then got crafty...

So to begin my Halloween crafts series, I thought I would start with a simple card. 

First I used two distress inks, Carved pumpkin and crushed olive to make my background. I used a wet paintbrush and applied the green ink first followed by the orange to create a watercolour effect.



Next using a garnet ink from Artistry inks with a stencil from Clarity Stamp. The stencil is called a 7x7 Art stencil and is a grungy frame effect. I applied the ink using an ink blending brush with a light circular motion. After a quick blast with my Ranger Heat it Craft tool, it was time to make the centre piece. 

This spooky effect potion bottle stamp is by the Sheena Perfect Partners Alchemy range and this set is called Strange Brew. I applied Archival Jet black ink and stamped this image nice and crisp using my stamping plate by Clarity stamp.

To colour this image I wanted nice vibrant purples, so i chose a selection of colours from my Kuretake Real Colour Brush markers. The colours I picked were : Violet, light violet , gray and dark gray.


After colouring the image I used a Glitter Gelly roll pen around the shaded areas to make the centre piece more magical and spooky.

Finally to complete this card, I fussy cut the potion bottle and popped it up with foam squares in the centre of the background. I flicked some clean water lightly at all the inked areas, then blotted it with some clean tissue, this lifts tiny areas of colour adding more detail to the background.

The topper was then backed onto some 250gsm black card and adhered to the white card base. 

Below is the completed Halloween card and I love how simple it was to make.

Thank you for spending some of your day with me !

Ellie x

Products used :

Ranger Heat it Craft tool





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17