Halloween series #2 - backgrounds

 

Good Morning crafty friends!!

So today we aren't making a completed card, I wanted to share a couple of backgrounds I made with you all.

So to start I created both these backgrounds in the same way, just with different colours. These backgrounds are on Clarity Stamp A6 coated card, I made these using a mixed media plate by Nellie's Craft. 

I placed the A5 piece of card on a piece of scrap card stock to minimise mess as much as possible. Next I grabbed my Gansai Tambi watercolours - 36 colour set. These are beautiful watercolours and if you are in the market for some then I would certainly recommend them.

To start I applied some orange watercolour to the mix media plate , nothing neat or tidy, just sploshes of it here and there. I then carefully flipped the plate over and pressed it onto the card. I used my fingers to press the plate against the card and move the colour around. I repeated this step a second time then did this again with some purple watercolour. Its important to blast the card stock with a heat tool before applying another coat or another colour. 

I then added a second application of purple mixed with less water this time. I continued to repeat this process until I had the desired effect. After a thorough dry, it was time for splatter! I used my black watercolour with a very small amount of water. I then flicked the black paint at my background and dried it after. It was as simple as that!

I then wanted to try another background but with a frosty/ icy feel and this was the outcome...

We will use one of these to make a card tomorrow so please pop back!

Thank you for spending some of your day with me!

Ellie x

Products:

Gansai Tambi Watercolour

Ranger heat it tool

Clarity stamp cardstock

Mixed media plate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17