Halloween series #4 - bit of blending

 Hello friends, I hope Friday is treating you well!


So for this Halloween card I wanted a silhouette effect over a night sky. To begin this slimline landscape card I cut a panel 6.5cm x 14.8cm, out of white card stock. Using a piece of scrap card I cut a sloping hill shape and masking taped either side to my panel of card. For blending I used some foam squares and my oxide ink pads. The first colour blended against my hillside is Seedless Preserves, then above it with Wilted Violet, then above that I used Faded Jeans. I moved back and forward between the colours to get a smooth blend. Once I was happy with the sky colours, I flipped my hillside over to the white area was exposed and the sky was covered. I then applied a light blend of Frayed Burlap to the hillside area. 

I then removed the card stock to reveal the sky and hillside complete. using a selection of silhouette stamps by unknown companies, I added archival jet black ink and stamped them using the Tim Holtz stamping platform. I backed this scene onto some 300gsm black card stock. Before adding this to a card base, I needed some purple card. Unfortunately I didn't have any! so inked a panel of white card using the Wilted Violet distress oxide ink. After letting the purple card panel dry, I used 3D foam on the back of my topper panel and fixed it to the purple base panel.

Finally I adhered this all onto a grey card base. Some sparkle was needed so used my teal glitter spray across the whole design.  There we go, another cute Halloween card!!


Thank you for spending some of your day with me!  Ellie x

Products:

Distress oxide inks

Blending tool

Glimmer spray

Cardstock


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 592

WOYWW

WOYWW - 8.11.17